We aim to meet the needs of all our pupils through our curriculum and through the care, guidance and support we provide. We are required to set Equality Targets and the following have been set based on St Christopher’s School:
- Equality Objectives: To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity.
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum.
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both within and outside of the classroom.
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours, and strategies that allow all pupils to reach their full potential.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.